Saturday, September 14, 2013

1984-6 VF700F Honda Interceptor for commuting and touring?

best bikes for electric conversion on Electric Bike Wheel
best bikes for electric conversion image



Dylan R


The bike may need a little work but I was wondering if this bike would be suitable for commuting and touring. I am planning on using this bike for commuting to work and then this summer to do a little tour. After this tour I may also try doing the electric conversion, but my question is if this bike is suitable for commuting to work and for touring.

Thanks, for any answers,insight, or suggestions that you can give me.



Answer
It is capable of commuting and touring. "Suitable" depends on whether or not if the particular bike is reliable. You says it needs a little work -- cosmetics? Or it is something that will strand you 50 miles in the middle of nowhere?

how do I build an electric motor for my bike?




Cookie


I want to make my bike electric, how can I do that? Sites would be great, pictures would also be awesome. Anything helps! Thanks!


Answer
I would suggest the excellent engineering text on the subject:
Electric Bicycles, A Guide to Design and Use - Morchin & Oman 2006

It covers the trade-offs between brush and brushless motors and has good graphs for determining the torque-speed characteristic based on the output of the motor.

Best conversion is probably to just buy a good hub motor from a place like ebikes and then consider how you will power it and if you want only an assist when pedaling or an all-electric option. If you have access to a simulation program like PSIM Simulation for power electronics and motor control that can take a lot of guess work out of the various non-linearities involved with the contol of motors especially if you are going to design your own electronics and do your own boards.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 1984-6 VF700F Honda Interceptor for commuting and touring?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment