Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What is the most reliable, cost effective, electric bike on the market today?

electric bikes best range on Best Electric Bikes | Electric Bikes Reviews
electric bikes best range image



Peace69


I really like the Schwinn electric bikes (Continental etc), but I was wondering if someone knew of a cheaper alternative. I don't think I want the SLA battery packs. I would like a smaller and lighter alternative and have a decent range (20 miles or more). I would even consider doing a bike conversion if I could have newer lighter equipment


Answer
Try just a regular bike. Electric bikes are harder to transport, maintain, and still cost money to operate. If you get into shape they aren't much faster than a regular bicycle.

What is the lifespan of an electric bike?




archa_pyus


Say you have an electric bicycle that is used daily, capable of a 30 mile range before needing re-fuelling and a speed range of 3-15mph.

What would be its likely lifespan, i.e. when would the whole thing have to be replaced?

I do not need exact measurements, just the general idea, as it is for a project for which i have to design an electric bike, which i know nothing about.

thank you!



Answer
The life span of an electric bike is mostly determined by the battery. Batteries can have a memory and if recharged before depleting it completely will reduce the capacity and can affect the range.

I would do some research on batteries. You can also look up motorized hubs to put on bikes, they make for the cleanest design.

Motors are rated in watts and most states have regulations that control the maximum amount of power that you can use.

http://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/info/buyingguide/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the most reliable, cost effective, electric bike on the market today?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment