Sunday, March 9, 2014

Are there any upgrades for a yamaha ttr. 110 dirt bike?




jacek


It's a 2011 model electric start


Answer
Not a whole lot of after market parts for those, you can get a pipe and some bolt on stuff but it's not a race bike so you are a little limited

Tips for using stationary bike for weight loss?




emily


I am looking to set realistic weight loss goals in 2011. I am not looking for a miracle but would like to loose about 50 pounds (approx 1lb per week)

I used to be in weight watchers when I was younger, but now I can't afford that. I also can't afford to go to a gym. I am also a newlywed who now lives in a dangerous area due to financial burdens, so its not a good idea to go walking outside.

BUT what I do have is a stationary bike that I bought when I was younger as well that my mom will be bringing up to me in the next couple of weeks.

It is not electric, it does have a battery operated, speedometer and odometer, but I am not sure how accurate they are. I read somewhere a couple years ago that 20-30 minutes was the recommended amount of walking for a healthy adult and an overweight adult should walk for 50 minutes. About how many minutes on the bike is this? Would you bike for an hour? (Obviously I would probably take breaks and do arm exercises or something in between or just split it into 30 mins morning and afternoon)

What are your thoughts?



Answer
I'm sort of in your boat and here's what I've learned (although I can't swear to it's accuracy). My Dr told me that I HAD to work more and and exercise bike seems to be the best fit for me. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight were all dangerously high. My blood sugars were borderline diabetic and my 'good' cholesterol is low.

Diet and meds helped for much-but after 6 months, I seemed to hit a plateau and that's when I started working on the bike. This was about 6 weeks ago. I discovered that 'recommended time to get 'benefit' begins (like you said) at 20 minutes and longer is better. In fact I've been told that even if it means pushing myself a little less in order to build up endurance, longer is better (although I've a hunch that you need to go hard enough to work up a good sweat).I started out by doing 5 miles, which took about 20 minutes for me then-and that gave me a good workout. I've since worked up to 10 miles in about 30 minutes---and now I've slowed down somewhat and am doing 15 miles a 'sitting' in about 50 minutes. In a few days I intend to start doing 20 miles at a time and hope to do it in about 65 minutes.

I had another blood work with the Dr a couple weeks ago-he said that even with the meds, he is shocked at the improvement I've achieved in the last 7 months since my first appt with him. Wt down almost 30 lbs, cholesterol down almost 150 pts, blood sugar down to acceptable levels. I wish you well

If you do a web search you should easily find several sites that will show you how many calories you burn at different intensity levels for your current wt and sex. I find them interesting and a source to help keep me going




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are there any upgrades for a yamaha ttr. 110 dirt bike?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment