Saturday, January 18, 2014

Does anyone know Where I can purchase a eclectric start for my dirt bike? Oppose to the kick start?

best electric bikes uk on The TTX01 all-electric bike has the peak power of a 600CC racing bike
best electric bikes uk image



willrogers


Can this kind of modification even be done! The kick start isnt bad, but I would rather have a electric start or a key starter!

Thanks!



Answer
it all depends on the bike!..some xt600 are kick only,i have fitted elerctric starts to them in the past.but only because some xt600 were electric starts and the parts swap over[with a bit of work though]...there isnt a universal kit,it would be impossable to make one...your quids in if you know af a similar bike to your own with a electric start...not really a diy job mind...have a look at my stuff
www.thedesertcamel.co.uk

What type of cables do I use to connect 4 12volt batteries to my electric bike?

Q. Hi. I'm trying to connect four 12-volt batteries together (I think they're supposed to run parallel), so that I can power a 48volt, 500watt motor.
I'm not very electronically/mechanically minded....so I'm not sure what exactly to use to connect these batteries. Would some type of clamps work? The batteries have little prong ends, not the kind like car batteries with the hole ends for big screws.

Thank you for your help!


Answer
For a 48 volt motor, you will need to connect the batteries in series. + on one to - on the next one and so on (see series drawing here):

http://www.electricfence-online.co.uk/shop/renewable-energy/renewable-energy-advice-faqs/battery-bank-wiring.html

You will need heavy gauge (10 ga or larger) battery type wire with ring or spade lugs for attaching to the posts:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/img/10awgred.jpg

http://shop.rabtron.co.za/catalog/insulated-ring-terminal-stud-yellow-p-3040.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone know Where I can purchase a eclectric start for my dirt bike? Oppose to the kick start?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment