Tuesday, January 14, 2014

is it ok to put a 21 speed bike wheel on a 24 speed bike to replace the tire?

best electric bike kit on Four Wheel Bikecar BIJLI | Bicycle Motor Kit in Douglas, AZ 85607
best electric bike kit image



yoyo2852


I need have 8 cogs on my rear wheel, can I use a different wheel that has 7 cogs? I would like to use this electric bike kit but it comes with the wheel being 7 speeds. Can I still shift all 7 speeds with this new wheel, just not the 8th, or will all the cogs be different sizes so I cant use the pedals at all?


Answer
It's a bit of a hack, and not something that's easy to just switch back and forth on.

7 and 8 speed both use the same size of chain, so you won't have any immediate problems just swapping the wheel. However, the distance between cogs is different, so your derailleur will not function correctly - it might jump two gears, it might not shift at all when you do, and it may throw your chain entirely. At a minimum, you'll need to adjust your limiter screws to keep it from throwing the chain, but ideally, you should be replacing the shifting mechanism.

I want to convert my bike to an electric bike, anyone have any experience with this?

Q. I want to convert my current bike to an electric bike for less than $200. I'm really not that handy with electronics, but if some instruction to put A into B I can do it, I just wouldn't be able to figure out that A goes into B with out the instructions. Anyways, does anyone have some tips? All the sites that I've found are very unprofessional or non-specific so it's really hard to figure out anything from them. I would be willing to buy a kit.


Answer
An electric bike has to have a motor, controller, throttle, and battery pack.
Hub motors are the easiest to install.
overview:
You remove your old front wheel, put the new wheel where the old one was, align the wheel in the slots, adjust the brakes, secure the controller and the battery pack on the rear rack, put the throttle on the handle bars, route the wires safely and tie-wrap, connect the connectors together, turn every thing on and test.

To be of much use, you have to have at least 250watts, and hopefully more.

Largo scooters has a decent kit (go Hub)for $600 and is nice. Every once in a while you can find a WE or BD36 for maybe $350.

A Largo kit has keyed connectors so you cannot hook it up wrong.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is it ok to put a 21 speed bike wheel on a 24 speed bike to replace the tire?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment