Thursday, January 16, 2014

How much electric can I generate with a bike, and what is it worth.?

best electric bike value on Electric Bike Solutions, LLC - Electric Bike Kit (Best Value)
best electric bike value image



John R


I have seen various web-sites that show that someone pedaling a bike that is hooked to a a generator can power various appliances. These web-sites say things like if you pedal for an hour you can power a laptop for three hours. Or they say that you can charge a 12 volt battery. What I want to know is the dollar value of electric that one could generate by pedaling for one hour on a bike that is hooked to some sort of electric generator. An estimate of the cost of each kilowatt hour would be fine.


Answer
Pennies. If you peddle your little heart out all day you might make enough for a cup of coffee. Think about it: Lets estimate that you can generate 100 watts per hour (which I believe is a pretty generous estimate). At $.10 (10 cents) per KwH, you will make $.10 (10 cents) for every 10 hours you peddle. Even if we increased our estimated production by ten fold (to 1,000 watts per hour) you would only make a dollar from ten hours of peddling. I think if this was a viable option for producing electricity, some joker in a 3rd world country would already have a warehouse full of people peddling away.

How much does a normal tween get for christmas?




Anonomys


Like how much value?
I just want to see how bad my parents are.
They never buy me anything I want, and in total it's usually under 50$,
oh and Im a boy and 12,



Answer
Oh they often spend thousands and they should spend that on you too (NOT!)

I have friends that give their four children everything they want for this silly Holiday. Well they never really recover from the debt, and I saw a notices on there door all year like Water Termination Notices from the City, Natural Gas shut off, Electric shut-off and two separate eviction notices from their apartment.

Last week all of the kid's so coveted toys and games were on the side walk out front from the landlord dumping it outside. All the neighborhood kids were gathering toys, computers and games, bikes etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much electric can I generate with a bike, and what is it worth.?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment