Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Which yamaha dual sport bike is better?

best electric bike for steep hills on version of The great Electric bike Comparison. We test several E bikes ...
best electric bike for steep hills image



Vertigo


I was looking the 2011 WR250X, the 2011 WR250R and the 2012 TW200. I prefer the TW2000 cause is cheaper and dont know it looks nice. But i will like to know the pros and cons of each one, nore concentrated in the TW200. Thanks


Answer
Rule out the wr250x as its street tires will not be good off road.

The wr250r is a dual sport, powerful for a 250 and tall, so you will want to sit on one and see if it fits. While it won't be too comfortable on a highway it is fast enough for one. It would be a good off road bike based on the power and tires.

The TW200 has been sold for years so its easy to find one used, though I think very early models had kick starting only, so check the one you are looking at has electric start. It will be about half the price of the 250, less if you are buying used. Its 200cc engine is not very powerful, so it will not be fast enough for highway driving (top speed is around 60mph). It will be ok on easy trails, but a bit underpowered on anything with steep hills. If it doesn't matter to you about the higher speed and power of the 250, or the 250 is too tall, then I think the TW200 would be a good in town and trail bike, and fine for country riding, and will get really good gas mileage.

I think I want an electric bicycle?




Butterfly2


YES, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY. I WANT TO HAVE EASY TRANSPORTATION TO VISIT BY GRANDCHILDREN WHO ARE 2 MILES AWAY BUT THERE ARE SOME STEEP HILLS ALONG THE WAY. I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO OUR CAR AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE AND MY HUSBAND DOESN'T WANT TO PUT THE MONEY INTO A 2ND CAR JUST FOR MY LITTLE TRIPS. WE ARE RETIRED BUT MY HUSBAND STILL WORKS PART TIME AND NEEDS THE CAR (HE IS A PASTOR SO HE CAN BE CALLED AT ANY TIME) MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE SO CLOSE AND YET SEEMINGLY SO FAR. I WOULD WALK THERE EXCEPT FOR THE HILLS. SO, I SAW ON THE WALMART WEBSITE SOME VARIOUS DIFFERENT KINDS OF ELECTRIC BICYCLES AND SCOOTERS. THERE ARE ALSO BICYCLES WHERE YOU KIND OF SIT BACK AND PEDDLE. I KNOW THIS PROBABLY SOUNDS CRAZY BUT I JUST WANT AN INEXPENSIVE WAY TO SEE THE KIDS MORE OFTEN. I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS SO PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME ANY HURTFUL OR CRAZY ANSWERS. BUT, PLEASE SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME. I DON'T KNOW EVEN WHERE TO PLACE THIS UNDER WHICH CATEGORY SO I AM CHOOSING AUTOS - MORE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH
So sorry about the caps. I didn't mean to insult anyone. I am new on here and I am just frustrated. Since it isn't very far to go to my grandchildren perhaps a bicycle without a motor would work but I don't know about the hills. I see there are some bikes with the seals extended back and you are sitting lower. I am sorry I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, the hills are m concern and it probably is a little farther than 2 miles. Anyway, it is a little farther than I would want to walk right now. Any suggestions about what kind of bike would be helpful to this older lady. I am in good shape but just don't feel up to doing 4-5 miles up and down these hills. I really do appreciate your answers and any help you can give me. Again, I apologize, I really didn't mean to insult anyone. Can some one please help me? Something easy to peddle. No, we are in a small college town and no buses
We will forget the electric bikes if they will become illegal soon. Thank you for your help



Answer
Look up your local laws. It's not hard to find your local statutes on motorized bicycles/mopeds. Many states consider them to be the same thing. Some places have banned combustible engines but are ok with electric motors. So look up your local statutes instead of going by word of mouth law. All to often people don't know what they're talking about. You may want to consider a gas engine kit. I can do 30 mph and get 200 mpg. Staton Inc and EZ Motorbikes sells good gas kits. You can go to motorbicycling.com and motoredbikes.com for help. I live in Tennessee we have lots of hills. I also have heart problems. I looked up my local laws then built a legal motorized bicycle. It gave me a way to keep riding in spite of a handicap. Here is a really good kit you can put on a department store hard tail steel frame mountain bike. It's the Bionx 350.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om5wXf5puL4&feature=youtube_gdata_player




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which yamaha dual sport bike is better?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment