Friday, January 17, 2014

What is the cost to own a nissan leaf vs. the cost of my own motorcycle?

best electric bike for steep hills on My Street Legal Dirt Bike | How To Make & Do Everything!
best electric bike for steep hills image



Wesley!!!


my motorcycle(07 gs500) gets about 44 in winter and 55-maaaaayybee 59mpg. it cost me 250 dollars a year in mileage services.

i live in central Texas, our electric company is atmos energy that charges 0.13 Kwh.
I drive 55 miles per day 6 days a week. I drive an average of 70 miles per hour to sometimes 75mph.
there is one hill In Nolensville Tx that is only a long climb but not steep.
I also have a Nissan d21 pickup that gets 24mpg and it costs me 60 dollars a year for oil changes
I also have a Nissan d21 pickup that gets 24mpg and it costs me 60 dollars a year for oil changes



Answer
You are comparing a far lighter but very inefficient vehicle (motorcycle) to a far heavier but very efficient vehicle (Nissan Leaf,) and I am left to wonder what you want.

Your bike is getting 60 mpg on a good day. The Leaf will get a little less than twice that with no oil changes or other maintenance.

As a heavier and enclosed vehicle the leaf will give you more protection from the elements.

The motorcycle insurance is cheaper than that of a car because the smart people there have noticed it is more likely that you will be killed on a bike than you will kill someone. This will probably make the motorcycle cheaper with more personal risk...

and lets face it ... thrills... although the first time I drove an EV it reminded me of the acceleration of a 750cc bike.

What kind of motorbike should I get?







I'm 14, about 1.68m and 65kgs. I want to get a dirt bike to learn to ride on, and to ride around my farm. I was thinking something like a Honda CRF 230F, or something like that. I have never ridden before, but I'm a fast learner, and am pretty good at driving quad bikes. Also, if it matters at all, I'm a girl.
Please help?



Answer
You could go for a 230... They are big bikes though and have a lot of bottom end power.. but not much top end... great if you want to slowly power up a steep hill.. not so good if you want a bit more speed and power at the top end.. I personally would get like a Suzuki RM 125... they are light, fast, ALOT of power.. especially at top end.. cheaper, easy and cheaper to fix... the 230 is big and heavy.. the upsides of it are electric start and you are less likely to flip it on a steep hill... but for fun (disregarding safety) id go for a light two stroke machine :)... You will probably flip the 125 up a steep hill though.. especially at first.. but yeah.. its alot cheaper and easy to fix.. lighter as well.. just be sure to get the fuel to two stroke oil mix correct and dont use a cheap oil.. it will wear out your piston rings... To be honest ive ridden plenty 230's... i got board real quick.. but if you dont mind a bit less speed and adrenaline.. go for it :) hope i helped.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the cost to own a nissan leaf vs. the cost of my own motorcycle?
Rating: 83% based on 9498 ratings. 4 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming T0 My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment